Dreamers. What would our world be like without Dreamers? Dreamers are people who will dare to see what others do not see or refuse to see. Dreamers are people who believe that the things God has placed in them will become a reality. I believe that God places dreams in our heart. Dreams that drive us and speak to our soul. Dreams that ignite the gifts and talents that God has placed in us. Dreams that will let us remember the past but not stay there. Dreams that will keep us focused today on the most essential things and dreams that will carry us to His purpose for our life!
One of my favorite individuals mentioned in the Bible is Joseph. Genesis 37:5-11 lets us know that Joseph was most definitely a dreamer! As we read his story we see the obstacles that he encountered because of his dreams. Being a dreamer will cost you. YOU (not just your dreams) will experience rejection. YOU (not just your dreams) will experience temptation. Satan will attempt to sabotage your dream. YOU (not just your dreams) will be accused falsely.
Joseph survived and thrived as a dreamer in spite of the challenges he faced. He never gave up in the face of opposition. He looked beyond his present circumstances. The darkness of the jail did not limit his vision(dream). He saw value where he was…he never stopped living, believing, or dreaming.
Important points to remember when focusing on your dreams.
- Believe You Can Do It. You can never achieve what you do not believe.
- Lose the Pride. People who are “full” of themselves do not have room for dreams that transform because they overlook those who God has placed in their life to help them accomplish the dream. Pride focuses on appearances rather than potential.
- Be Okay Being Uncomfortable. Discomfort drives us from where we are to where God wants us to be. Discomfort drives us to search for our dreams. Complacency never brings success. Constructive discontent will motivate you to find your potential.
- Escape “Habit Thinking”. You must be willing to adjust your thinking. Some refuse to dream because they are “stuck” in thinking the way they have always thought. They refuse to learn and to grow. “Habit Thinking” will kill dreams because eventually you will stop thinking. You are content accepting what is without considering what could be.
- Have Vision with Character. Successful dreamers have vision to see it and dream it and the character to do it.
Dream On!! Allow the Holy Spirit to ignite a passion in your heart for what God desires for you. The Dreams that God has for you are GREATER than any dream you could ever have for yourself!